Our next meeting and AGM is Sunday, 5 March 2023, 4.15 pm to 6.30 pm, Thistle Hall, 293 Cuba St
Concert by Mike Hogan
Mike Hogan has been performing and composing for over 20 years, producing works in a wide range of styles from World, Classical and Latin music through to Jazz, Rock, Pop, and Folk. He holds an Honours Degree (first class) in composition and Bachelor of Music in performance Classical guitar at the NZ School of Music. Mike has been a member of many bands such as Pangaea, Young Life Vanuatu, TAHU, Jhan Lindsay and the Chatelains, Morphology and Sven Olsens Brutal Canadian Love Saga. Mike will be performing a mix of instrumental music and songs, both original, traditional and cover songs in English and Hindi.
Invitation to Performers is still open:
Prospective musicians are invited to apply to present a short concert at one of our meetings as follows: Please apply with your name, contact email, phone number, preferred dates (see below), proposed programme, publicity short/ bio, and bank details (to be provided later after agreement). Please submit these and other details using the 2023 Application Form (this is a Microsoft Word document, but should also open in Google Docs).
Please choose three performance dates—in order of preference—from the list in the application form noting that June and October are reserved for other performance activities. Performance proposals do not need to be restricted to just guitar.
Review and acceptance of performance proposals will be made by the WCGS Committee and is subject to available funds. Final performance dates will be by agreement, and fees will be confirmed once a date has been confirmed.
Agenda, Links, and Proposed Motions for Vote by Members
Notice is given of the following motions:
- Agree to adopt the financial statements for the period 1 January to 31 December 2022. Here are the WCGS Financial Statements for 2022.
- Note to accept nominations and appoint the following Committee Member positions for a term of one year or ongoing until the next election: (a) President and Chairperson; (b) Treasurer; (c) Secretary; and (d) other Committee Members as follows:
- Clyde Clemett (President);
- Richard Croad (Secretary);
- Owen Moriarty, Jane Curry, Marion Lienert, David Sperry, and Chris Everest (Members)
|We are seeking nominations for the Treasurer. If you are willing to take on this role, please contact Richard Croad (copy Clyde Clemett).|
- Note the annual fees for the Society for 2023 will be:
- First visit free
- $5.00 per meeting for casual member
- $25.00 per annum for Students
- $40.00 per annum for a Family (up to 2 adults and 2 children)
- $40.00 per annum for an Adult
- No charge for Affiliate Members
Fees and the cost of the ensemble book may be paid by direct credit to the Societies’ bank account: 38-9012-0700830-000 giving your name and purpose of the payment.
The Rules of the Wellington Classical Guitar Society Inc. can be viewed at the New Zealand Companies Office (Incorporated Societies) webpage or from the google.drive link: Wellington Classical Guitar Society Rules.